Prof. I. Karadjova
Assoc. prof. I. Dakova
Assoc. prof. P. Vassileva-Tsanova
Assistant prof. E. Mladenova
Assistant prof. T. Jordanova
PhD students: 3
The research activities of the Group for synthesis, characterization and application of nanomaterials are determination of pollutants in environmental samples based on on site fast, sensor screening and analysis of environmental, food and pharmaceutical samples based on selective solid phase extraction and determination of chemical species of priority pollutants (surface waters, wines and hemodialysis solutions).
Pythagoras Award of the Bulgarian Ministry of Education for “Best Research Group”
- Yordanova, T., Vasileva, P., Karadjova, I., Nihtianova, D., Submicron silica spheres decorated with silver nanoparticles as a new effective sorbent for inorganic mercury in surface waters Analyst, 139 (2014), 1532-1540
- Dakova, I., Yordanova, T., Karadjova, I Non-chromatographic mercury speciation and determination in wine by new core-shell ion-imprinted sorbents (2012) Journal of Hazardous Materials, 231-232 (2012) , pp. 49-56.
- Vasileva, P., Donkova, B., Karadjova, I., Dushkin, C. Synthesis of starch-stabilized silver nanoparticles and their application as a surface plasmon resonance-based sensor of hydrogen peroxide (2011) Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 382 (1-3) (2011) 203-210.
- Donkova, B., Vasileva, P, Nihtianova D, Velichkova, N, P. Stefanov, P, Mehandjiev, D Synthesis, characterization, and catalytic application of Au/ZnO nanocomposites prepared by coprecipitation. – J. Mater. Sci., 46, 7134–7143, 2011.
- I. Ivanova, P. Vasileva. Nanoparticles and Nanostructures as Antibacterial Agents. Book chapter in: “Nanotechnology for Animal Health and Production” ISBN: 9789351243182, Editor: Sudhi Ranjan Garg, Astral International, New Delhi, India, pp. 135-156 (2014).
Atomic absorption spectrometers – flame, electrothermal and hydride; ICP-OES spectrometer; ICP-MS spectrometer; chromatography – HPLC; electrochemistry – Methrom voltammeter